giovedì 28 aprile 2011

Alchimia: An Arabic Lounge.

Once upon a time there was Balarm, the seaside city that Arabs made ​​prosperous, making it be a place of tolerance and wealth. It was called "Aziz", the flower, to underline its lush splendor.
An Arabian Night corner now still exists in the
historical centre of Palermo, which, with its maze of alleys, was the cradle of the arabic domination in the early centuries of the second millennium. Alchemy is a "arabic lounge" which name derives from al-khimiya, a word that, in this case, wants to express the union of all particular elements that decorate evenings spent in this young local.
I have been in this local together with my friends, and I have loved its atmosphere, location and furniture. Was I in my city? I felt like I was somewhere else in the Middle East. Sicily is also this, a mix of cultures which have left indelible mark.

The Local is situated in Piazza Sant'Onofrio, 39 - Palermo (PA)








 


references: http://palermo.2night.it/locali/aperitivo/cocktail+bar/16292/alchimia.html
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110178746302

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Lettori fissi

Powered by Blogger.